Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dara Torres - Got Milk?

Dara Torres seems to embody ageless fitness. If you do not agree, just take a look at the picture of Torres for her new "Got Milk?" campaign! Remember, she is a 41 year old award-winning swimmer and mom! 

Torres has joined the "Got Milk?" campaign to promote the connection between drinking milk after exercise with maintaining healthy muscles and bones. 

Dairy Torres. I'm a natural in water. But after a workout, my natural choice is milk. It's a strong starting block for wellness. The protein helps build muscle, plus its nutrients help me refuel. Three glasses of lowfat or fat free milk a day. Lap it up. 

Torres has also said, "while many women focus on what they eat before exercise, I also know that the two hours after exercise are critical to making most of my workouts. After a strenuous practice, lowfat milk is one of my secret weapons. It not only helps replenish calcium and potassium, it provides fluids for rehydration and the right mix of carbohydrates and protein to help refuel my exhausted muscles to keep me ready for the next swim."

We guess milk really does do the body good... We LOVE Dara Torres and think she is a true inspiration and role model to women of all ages. Go Torres! 

No comments: